Hello everyone! Just now noticing that comments on the blog are somehow disappearing :(. Don’t worry—I’ve read them all. Thank you to those who were thoughtful enough to leave wonderful comments. This truly breaks my heart. Until I figure this out, please feel free to leave a comment through my instagram account @relentlessjoanna. Thank you for your patience!
Category: Project Updates
Rambles Series: 8 Elements of a Healthy Friendship
Rambles Season 1 Episode 3 (R1E3)
Having “healthy friendships” can be difficult after CSA, specifically from having our boundaries disrupted earlier in life. Some pointers from my perspective.
Did I miss anything? What are your thoughts? Join me in the conversation!
And if you haven’t already…be sure to Rate, Comment, and Subscribe. Your support means increasing the chances of the next victim or survivor to stumble upon resources like this (not just my project, but the many others geared toward ending the silence).
I have committed to releasing episodes every Wednesday. Ya’ll—if you don’t know me, I’ve got the laser focus and the commitment of a patient and hardworking ant.
This project means the world to me, and I hope that I can give at least one survivor a voice that they’ve been needing to hear.
There’s hope in healing, and reclaiming your life. We are relentless.
- 00:00 – 00:52 Introduction
- 00:53 – 01:42 Overview
- 01:41 – 18:20 Elements of a healthy friendship
- 01:41 – 03:51 The joy, peace, and support in our lives
- 03:52 – 05:06 Someone that we can trust
- 05:07 – 08:43 Respect
- 08:44 – 10:58 Honesty
- 10:59 – 12:10 Active Listening (Mutual)
- 12:11 – 14:33 Being willing to accept and forgive the shortcomings of others (not to be confused with keeping toxic friendships…that will be a conversation for later), or “Not expecting everyone to be perfect”
- 14:34 – 15:23 Recap and Overview Take I…how this relates to the CSA survivor
- 15:24 – 17:00 Bonus Element! — Being able to initiate as much as the other
- 17:00 – 18:20 Bonus Element! — Not assuming
- 18:20 – 19:38 Outro Take II
Is there anything else you’d want to hear about? Help me make this the best for you, and leave an honest comment.
I know I’ve promised a second episode of the main series! Please have patience while I finish the edits for that one (my first interview material!).
I’m trying to navigate how to make sure that the volume sounds the same from one episode to another. Please leave your thoughts about this! Still trying to figure it out.
The Relentless Project & Social Platforms
I now understand why companies and small business owners hire a person or team to manage social platforms for them…phew! It’s A LOT of work. But all completely worth it. If the goal of The Relentless Project is to reach as many survivors as possible, why not use what we have available to us via the interwebs?
I now have The Relentless Project connected via the following social media platforms:
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/therelentlessprojectpodcast
- Facebook Group/Community: www.facebook.com/groups/relentlesssurvivors
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/relentlessjoanna
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/relentlessproj
How exciting! The Facebook Page and Community are very fresh. I envision the Facebook Community being the platform for other survivors to share their art, music, poetry, words with each other as a means to connect and understand this very unique, odd, and extraordinary life we all lead. Helping each other to take one day at a time, learning how to smell the roses and cope with our own thorns.
Let me know what you think! Connect to The Relentless Project.