Rambles Series: 8 Elements of a Healthy Friendship
Rambles Season 1 Episode 3 (R1E3)
Having “healthy friendships” can be difficult after CSA, specifically from having our boundaries disrupted earlier in life. Some pointers from my perspective.
Did I miss anything? What are your thoughts? Join me in the conversation!
And if you haven’t already…be sure to Rate, Comment, and Subscribe. Your support means increasing the chances of the next victim or survivor to stumble upon resources like this (not just my project, but the many others geared toward ending the silence).
I have committed to releasing episodes every Wednesday. Ya’ll—if you don’t know me, I’ve got the laser focus and the commitment of a patient and hardworking ant.
This project means the world to me, and I hope that I can give at least one survivor a voice that they’ve been needing to hear.
There’s hope in healing, and reclaiming your life. We are relentless.
- 00:00 – 00:52 Introduction
- 00:53 – 01:42 Overview
- 01:41 – 18:20 Elements of a healthy friendship
- 01:41 – 03:51 The joy, peace, and support in our lives
- 03:52 – 05:06 Someone that we can trust
- 05:07 – 08:43 Respect
- 08:44 – 10:58 Honesty
- 10:59 – 12:10 Active Listening (Mutual)
- 12:11 – 14:33 Being willing to accept and forgive the shortcomings of others (not to be confused with keeping toxic friendships…that will be a conversation for later), or “Not expecting everyone to be perfect”
- 14:34 – 15:23 Recap and Overview Take I…how this relates to the CSA survivor
- 15:24 – 17:00 Bonus Element! — Being able to initiate as much as the other
- 17:00 – 18:20 Bonus Element! — Not assuming
- 18:20 – 19:38 Outro Take II
Is there anything else you’d want to hear about? Help me make this the best for you, and leave an honest comment.
I know I’ve promised a second episode of the main series! Please have patience while I finish the edits for that one (my first interview material!).
I’m trying to navigate how to make sure that the volume sounds the same from one episode to another. Please leave your thoughts about this! Still trying to figure it out.