S1E5: Pacing Your Journey (The Survivor’s Toolbox)
Season 1 Episode 5
Join in as we navigate what it means to take healing from sexual abuse “at your own pace.”
If you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 or RAINN’s hotline 1-800-656-4673. There are also numerous resources on the website that include online chat hotlines. You are not alone.
I am not a trained therapist or counselor. This is a free resource using literature and nonprofit resources available online, dedicated to a community of survivors. If you are able, finding therapy or counseling can be a valuable component to healing from sexual assault/abuse.
Leave support, questions, and comments on Instagram @relentlessjoanna.
- 00:00 – 01:39 Introduction
- 01:39 – 02:39 Considerations to take before deciding which pace
- 02:40 – 05:23 Important pointers
- 05:24 – 14:52 Knowing when to slow down
- 14:53 – 20:48 Knowing when you can take on more
- 20:49 – 22:34 Outro
- Taking your own pace means deciding what your biggest priorities are right now
- Consider the following things:
- Do you have a proper support system?
- Do you have a safe space you can land and where you can decompress?
- Can you make time without sacrificing your basic necessities for physically living
- Do you know your personal warning signs or triggers?
- Are you familiar with healthy ways to decompress?
- I am officially back in grad school, so episode release will fluctuate until the end of this season…so thank you for your patience and support as I too, work this at my own pace :)…we’ve got just three more episodes to go, woohoo!
- Best way to contact The Relentless Project is through the Instagram @relentlessjoanna
- I have been thinking about making a survivor workbook…what do you think? Would love your thoughts.
Anything that I’ve missed? Make this the best for you, and leave a comment through the Instagram post for this episode @relentlessjoanna, or as a private message through that same account :).
Until next time :P.