S1E4: Acknowledging and respecting where you are in this journey now (A Deep Reflection)
Season 1 Episode 4
Join in for a deep reflection. The first step to creating meaningful change is to acknowledge where we stand in our path at this very moment. This episode is split into four categories that are separate but interlinked: Considerations of the mind, body, spirit, self-sustainment, and the body.
Here are the printables mentioned in the podcast episode (bonus section included in the Reflection Guide):
- Printable Reflection Guide *Free* (Updated Jan 8, 2020): Deep-Reflection-Guide_The-Relentless-Project_Updated-Jan-2021
- Grounding Techniques (The Therapist Aid, LLC): https://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-worksheet/grounding-techniques
- Emotions Reference Sheet: https://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-worksheet/emotions-language-signs-behaviors/emotions/none
If you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 or RAINN’s hotline 1-800-656-4673. There are also numerous resources on the website that include online chat hotlines. You are not alone.
I am not a trained therapist or counselor. This is a free resource using literature and nonprofit resources available online, dedicated to a community of survivors. If you are able, finding therapy or counseling can be a valuable component to healing from sexual assault/abuse.
- 00:00 – 01:14 Introduction
- 01:15 – 02:03 Overview of The Survivor’s Toolbox
- 02:05 – 09:31 How often to reflect, the importance of taking stock, considerations to take before proceeding
- 09:32 – 10:38 Considerations of the Mind
- 10:38 – 23:00 Considerations of the Spirit
- 23:00 – 27:49 Considerations of Self-Sustainment
- 27:50 – 39:53 Considerations of the Body
- 39:53 – 41:40 Final words
- 41:40 – 42:39 Assignment
- 42:39 – 45:06 Outro
- Write it Down: Write a love letter to yourself using the following words (thank you @dandelionroots_ from instagram!)…the eight words we all need to hear
- Write it Down: Which questions brought out the strongest emotions or sensations for you? (see above for Emotions Reference Sheet for some guidance) Where do you think those emotions come from? Do the messages your body or spirit are telling you that may help you prioritize which challenges to focus on first?
- I am officially a woman of leisure working on content like nobody’s business, but also doing my best to balance my wellbeing as well…so thank you for your patience and support as I too, work this at my own pace 🙂
- Best way to contact The Relentless Project is through the Instagram @relentlessjoanna
- I have been thinking about making a survivor workbook…what do you think? Would love your thoughts.
Anything that I’ve missed? Make this the best for you, and leave a comment through the instagram post for this episode @relentlessjoanna, or as a private message through that same account :).
Until next time…Stay Relentless.